Across Spain June - Companion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Thinking of doing this again, I had other plans but they involve the possibilities of rain which I don't like at all. I don't want to camp, the truthful reason is that I like to be around people and bars at night.

Probably Bilbao to Malaga, West of Madrid for sure. But I am adaptable. I don't have a Garmin (or know really what one does) or a cycle computer and I like my paper maps spread out in front of me, on a table, containing beer. My best touring memories are from when people say "Since you are here, why not visit.............." or, I spot something on a map, also I don't have a fixed route as such, it's day by day.

Positives:- I am a middle aged sociable person, easy going, unstressed, with a laissez faire outlook and a gold medal in procrastination. I am a plodding tourist, but I have stamina.......... I get there.

Negatives:- I can't get up in the morning (Due to my nocturnal activities :cheers:) so early starts to "avoid the sun" are not for me, but anyway I live in Yorkshire and worship the sun, and who'd want to ride with a grumpy monosyllabic git till lunchtime anyway?

Can ride with me, or meet up later, either way accommodation costs are halved. Hence the post ^_^

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
...either way accommodation costs are halved. Hence the post ^_^
Spoken like a true Yorkshire man!
Apart from the "I like to be around people" you sound like my perfect date and I would love to join you on this endeavour. Unfortunately the reality is that with work and family commitments I will be unable to consummate our obvious compatibility, but I can dream....... :rolleyes:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you are female, 6 foot tall, with an hour glass figure. You may be able to sweet talk me into coming with you.

Top Bottom