Act of god?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
After reading a post that had the word god in it??? i know;)It just popped into my head ,about the film where john travolta was sueing god for damages,because the insurance company was trying to weasle out of paying up,saying it was an act of god.My question is,could this really happen ,and what do you think the chances of winning would be?:biggrin:

But if god is all powerful, surely everything is an act of god?

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Thats a good point,surely its up to the insurance company to prove he exists,or that statement, act of god,cant be used?

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Pete,not sure i understand what you mean?xx(

EF, worth a try isnt it? I mean,the god fearing thing might have worked a thousand years ago,but now,??:biggrin:

spen666

Legendary Member
Pete said:
"All statements that contain the word 'god' are false..."

is that a false statement then Pete?

spen666 said:
is that a false statement then Pete?

You might be on to something there, Spen...:biggrin:

Driven to despair by his fruitless attempts to understand the Universe, the sage Devadasa finally announced in exasperation :

ALL STATEMENTS THAT CONTAIN THE WORD GOD ARE FALSE

instantly, his least-favorite disciple Somasiri replied: "the sentence I am now speaking contains the word God. I fail to see, Oh Noble Master, how that simple statement can be false."
Devadasa considered the matter for several Poyas. Then he answered, this time with apparent satisfaction :

ONLY STATEMENTS THAT DO NOT CONTAIN THE WORD GOD CAN BE TRUE

After a pause barely sufficient for a starving mongoose to swallow a millet seed, Somasiri replied : "if this statement applies to itself, Oh Venerable One, it cannot be true, because it contains the word God. But if it is not true-"
At this point, Devadasa broke his begging-bowl upon Somasiri's head, and should therefore be honoured as the true founder of Zen.

and which God? Insured, Insurer or that days top dog...I mean God.

Might make a nice film but has anyone got a policy with that wording in , doubt it!

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
spen666 said:
How would you serve papers upon God?

They would have to show he was the cause,and how he did ,then get his address wouldnt they?

col said:
After reading a post that had the word god in it??? i know;)It just popped into my head ,about the film where john travolta was sueing god for damages,because the insurance company was trying to weasle out of paying up,saying it was an act of god.My question is,could this really happen ,and what do you think the chances of winning would be?;)

It wisnae John Travolting, it wis Billy Connolly.

Tsk.

Top Bottom