Action Cameras, Which do I choose? Front or rear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Well considering nobody agreed to what I said I need to get a front camera. There is one thing I need to do this. I do not want a camera that has to be put in a waterproof case making it stick out like a sore thumb. The Cycliq fly12 looks good but it comes with a light and I already have a decent light. So something about the size of this without a light would be perfect. Battery life of 2hrs would be adaquate and would be willing to pay up to £250 but nothing cheaper than £100.

Anybody got any ideas?

My Drift Ghost XL is waterproof to IPX7 without an extra case. They're offering 15% off if you sign up for an email. NB these don't have image stabilisation unlike the GoPro range some of which are also waterproof.

Faratid

Yes, this is the place to submit your videos, click through to your local force. Used it with good outcomes a couple of times.

Bike/helmet cams are old hat, get a drone that follows you and captures all.
Big brother is here, freedom and democracy undermined, all because individuals won't behave in a decent and responsible way otherwise.
Some individuals won't behave, as they are influenced by our leaders and politicians, many of whom demonstrate contempt for the law and decent moral standards and just do what they want. One rule for them, another for us.
Freedom, democracy, and personal safety all under threat due to the failure of individuals to act in a decent and responsible manner, resulting in the need for surveillance, enforcement and penalties.
Amen.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Just a mirror to look rearwards while cycling. Not sure I'd ever consider a camera myself.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
True enough but as an oldie I refuse to put the onus on me to prepare for disaster just because some knob in a mobile living room might be changing a CD or chatting with his mate on the phone. It is high time the law put the onus on them to actually pay attention to what they are doing in a minimum one ton metal box on wheels and not expect people who happen to cycle have to dress up like a Christmas tree every time they go about their business. I appreciate I am bloody minded but I will not do the polystyrene hat, the day glo clothing thing just to get to where I need to be.

Nibor

Bewildered
I bought a used GoPro Hero 5 Black from CEX and it is excellent readily available accessories including batteries and fantastic quality. A great app allowing access to the camera and media from your phone, and a 2 year warranty to boot. Great piece of kit for £100

Top Bottom