Action Cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tilley

Über Member
Anyone any experience of using a Veho Muvi K2 action camera or other non gopro action cameras. I quite fancy filming some of my rides but don't want to spend a fortune.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Anyone any experience of using a Veho Muvi K2 action camera or other non gopro action cameras. I quite fancy filming some of my rides but don't want to spend a fortune.

The cheap "No Pro" Chinese knock offs are surprisingly good - but the mountings supplied with them are surprisingly bad.
If you buy or fabricate replacement mounts £15 is all you need to spend on the camera.

Last edited:

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Screenshot_20161216-192737.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
SJCam. I have 2 QMOX M10 Cameras (same company as SJCam) and these were just £25 each. I also bought the new SJCam M20 which is about £90 and includes image stabilisation - works well on the MTB bars as it takes the shake out.

Arellcat

I would read and thoroughly digest the reviews Mat posts on his Techmoan website. His current top picks for action cameras:

The GitUp Git2 is the best budget camera with a mic in, the Dazzne P2 is the cheapest camera with good performance and the Yi 4K is the best 4K action camera I've tested (and probably the best one full stop).

Personally, I use a Sony AS30v, which I found second-hand in a branch of London Camera Exchange. I like it for its stabilisation, its handling of exposure, and ease of use, but the hardware is rather overdesigned.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I use the sj400. It came with 900ma batteries, good for 50 mins when new, but in the cold and after a year, they didn't always last the 50 minute commute. Now I've fitted 1100ma batteries, and it's good for at least 75 mins. Plus, when I get to work, I bang it in the lorry. Came in handy when a spare wheel fell of a car on the motorway and cracked my front bumper.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ismiHKt1zzk

Last edited:
Top Bottom