Action Man R.I.P. - & it's all our fault...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Headgardener said:
But your a girl and girls didn't play with Action Man (at least they didn't when I was a lad) they had Barbie and Cindy and all their parafinalia, or am I missing something here.
After annoying my brothers by nicking their Action Men, I finally got my own. I had a Sindy as well (Barbie was far to girly) but she had the disadvantage of not having her own Afrika Korps uniform.

He was packaged as frogman with an orange wetsuit, and had hands that gripped. He probably influenced my preference for men with dark hair and blue eyes ;).

postman

Legendary Member
Actio Man Action Man don't talk to me about him.

I wanted one for Christmas many many years ago.But we were a poor family.

On Christmas morning there was the box.Ripped it open nothing ,nothing at all.

"Where his he"? i wailed.
"We got you the Action Man deserter figure" shouted my dad.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
postman said:
Actio Man Action Man don't talk to me about him.

I wanted one for Christmas many many years ago.But we were a poor family.

On Christmas morning there was the box.Ripped it open nothing ,nothing at all.

"Where his he"? i wailed.
"We got you the Action Man deserter figure" shouted my dad.

:headshake::biggrin:That is really cruel!! I got my young son's a Action man, he seems to always be naked though and he has constantly got blue strides on!!

I remember I had the sailor one and no he did'nt get off with Ken , he copped off with my sisters Barbie instead. He had a rough look about him as I decided I did'nt want him to have a beard anymore and shaved it off with a razor blade. It left him all scarred.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My action man ended up on the roof, when I tried to see if I could hit him all the way over, using a tennis racket. :headshake:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Headgardener said:
But your a girl and girls didn't play with Action Man (at least they didn't when I was a lad) they had Barbie and Cindy and all their parafinalia, or am I missing something here.

Cindy was rubbish. My sister had Cindy.

One of my earliest experiments was finding out how often Cindy's leg could go round before the elastic snapped.

Sadly, I can't even remember the number now...

Action Man was more poseable, and had better stuff. When my first started to disintegrate, I started to save for a new one, and eventually go the £10 together in loose change from my pocket money. I don't remember how much pocket money I got a week - 20p or 50p maybe, but I know £10 was an awful lot of money, in 1977 or so.

graham56

Guru
User76 said:
Of course you are right, thats why he was a squaddie.

If he had been in the Navy he would have been having an affair with Ken :rolleyes::o)

Reel another another one in, hook, line and Maggot.:biggrin::biggrin:. Knew i`d get a bite.:biggrin:

Top Bottom