Action/sports camera - tomtom bandit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Rover

Guru
Evening.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to start commuting again in the new year after a bit of poor health and I'm thinking about getting a sports camera. I'm aware it won't stop a collision but might/should help afterwards.

I need something that will last at least 2-3 hours, will transfer data via Bluetooth or wifi, is waterproof and works well in poor light. I don't like the look of square type cameras like the go pro and I'd spend up to £200.
That has lead me to the tomtom bandit camera, so I'm hoping someone has one and can give me the low down on it or some views on another type?

Cheers Stuart.

classic33

Leg End Member

sight-pin

Veteran
I've been looking at new cameras for the front, I use a Fly V6 for the rear. Been using a Kitvision Rush for the last few years, but now it seems to be losing brightness in certain daylight conditions.
So far I've also narrowed it down to the TomTom or the Cycliq Fly 12 and I'm leaning towards the latter for it's extended battery life plus the front light.

OP
OP
The Rover

The Rover

Guru
Thanks for the replies, I've been looking and asked on another forum.
Other advice is a GoPro hero 5 session. I've had a good luck at the reviews and footage and it looks like it'll do the job although I'd possibly have to charge it during the day as I'm not sure it will last the required 2 hours.
It's smaller than I thought and also more expensive but should come in at £225 ish with my BC discount at Halfords.
Or, with a bit of luck it'll be reduced on Black Friday.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rSWCZY8dv-M

Cheers.

J1888

Über Member
Thanks for the replies, I've been looking and asked on another forum.
Other advice is a GoPro hero 5 session. I've had a good luck at the reviews and footage and it looks like it'll do the job although I'd possibly have to charge it during the day as I'm not sure it will last the required 2 hours.
It's smaller than I thought and also more expensive but should come in at £225 ish with my BC discount at Halfords.
Or, with a bit of luck it'll be reduced on Black Friday.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rSWCZY8dv-M

Cheers.

The GoPro Hero Session (essentially the predecessor to the one linked to in your post) is available from Halfords for £139.99...probably same dimensions, according to Trusted Reviews, it can do just over 2 hours 1080p 30fps.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I have a Drift HD170, which produces good results and battery lasts about 3 hours. Batteries are cheap (£6 Ebay), so having a fully charged spare is a possibility. I have had it for several years, so, not sure of current price and/or if there is a newer model. If my memory is correct, I think it was about £100 (or, maybe, that was just how much I told my wife it cost ;) )

I also have a Mobius which at just over £40 is, IMHO, outstanding. I have only used it on Motorcycle, plugged in via USB, so, not sure how it would perform on battery only, but, you could always use a rechargeable USB battery pack.

OP
OP
The Rover

The Rover

Guru
Little update - ordered the GoPro hero 5 session from sigma sport today. Cyber20 is a code that got it down to £203 with free post.

I'll probably update the thread again once I've had a bash with it.

Cheers.

Top Bottom