Active Users

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
On these new forums, the list of active users at the bottom of the main page is not in alphabetical order. I'm guessing it's in order of last click. Can this order be changed to alphabetical as on the old website? It's much easier this way to see if particular people are online. I tried the Member Name link in the active users box and it does do this, though it displays as several pages of users which you have to click through to see if someone is in the list. Much easier if you can just look at an alphabetical list at the bottom of the page.

Also on the old forums, friends in the active users list were highlighted. Can we have this feature on the new forums, as it's rather handy?

If you click on Member Name it's in alphabetical order, don't think it shows your friends though.

OP
OP
Martok

Martok

Klingon on a bike
If you click on Member Name it's in alphabetical order, don't think it shows your friends though.

Yes it does, but like I said this is shown as a memberlist on a new page (or rather over several pages). Personally I'd like to see the list at the bottom of the forum page in alphabetical order (or at least an option to set it at that) and with friends highlighted, as this was a nice feature of the old forums.

Yes it does, but like I said this is shown as a memberlist on a new page (or rather over several pages). Personally I'd like to see the list at the bottom of the forum page in alphabetical order (or at least an option to set it at that) and with friends highlighted, as this was a nice feature of the old forums.

OK, misunderstood what you meant at first.

Shaun

Founder
Whilst I could possibly modify it, it would mean hacking into the board files.

I'm avoiding this at the moment as new updates are being released regularly and any changes I make to the core files will be invalidated - effectively nulling any mods I make.

Trying to keep a record of mods and re-applying them for each update would also add an overhead that I don't want at the moment, and would lead to problems as the code changes between releases.

I've made a suggestion in the developers forum asking for the ability to sort the list alphabetically. If enough other people want it, it may be included in a future release.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Martok

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Fair enough Shaun, I wouldn't expect you to hack core files - I've been there and done that on another forum and it's a nightmare to manage. But yes, if you've passed on the suggestion to the developers, that's great, I hope they consider it. :smile:

Top Bottom