Actually worth watching the golf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Don't normally watch sport, but yesterday turned it on and, waiting to see what was on next, left it on while the presentation of the cup was made. Having endured that, and decided that really, sportsmen shouldn't be allowed to make speeches, but should just get on with what they're good at, it was made worth the wait by hearing that chap's young son, say, on being shown the Claret Jug:

"Can we put ladybirds in it?"

Fantastic piece of child logic :biggrin:. I think every sporting trophy should be used to house insects. Bumblebee colony in the FA cup? Centipede racetrack round the edge of the Wimbledon plate?

mosschops2

Goldfish in the premier league trophy?

Toss up between golf and tennis for me. Don't understand the scoring on either (at least with cricket someone runs about a bit occasionally), the one redeeming thing with tennis are the attractive (well - some of them) fit, agile, young wimmin, though some of them are a bit noisy with all that grunting thing (wonder if they are as noisy in ...:biggrin: oops! ... mind wandering again:rolleyes:

twowheelsgood

Should have watched the F1, uncharacteristically exciting it was. And Murray walker back on R5!

Actually as a cyclist, I find cycling, particularly TdF one of the most boring sports to watch. Which should ensure I get lynched here.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I watch the tdf on TV mainly for the scenery and the aerial landscapes

Top Bottom