Addiction to Internet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Crackle said:
Is this you?

"Tense? Angry? Can't get online? Internet addiction is now a serious public health issue that should be officially recognised as a clinical disorder, according to a leading psychiatrist"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/mar/23/news.internet

I keep wondering if the amount of time I spend here is healthy.

I'm only on here trying to find out why I'm so tense and angry, even worse is when swmbo drags me down the shops !!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Excessive gaming. Compulsive-impulsive disorder. The need for better computers.:biggrin: Both hilarious and slightly true.

Pete

I refuse - I absolutely REFUSE - to post yet another link to that 'angry swiss kid' video on youtube. We've watched it often enough...

asterix

Comrade Member
Crackle said:
Is this you?

"Tense? Angry? Can't get online? Internet addiction is now a serious public health issue that should be officially recognised as a clinical disorder, according to a leading psychiatrist"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/mar/23/news.internet

I keep wondering if the amount of time I spend here is healthy.

Yes, I agree. But given the weather outside, I think that doing something in-doors, even surfing the net, is probably more healthy than going out.

girofan

I'm not angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You bastards better get that into your heads. xx(xx(:biggrin:
Give me that mouse. Stop leaning in front of the screen. I don't care if you are missing your soap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush::biggrin:!:biggrin:

Plax

Guru
Eeek, I probably spend too long on the Internet but I rarely watch TV so at least I'm not a couch potato :ohmy:.
I can quite happily live without the internet for a short term period. Couldn't cope indefinitely without it though - I mean internet banking and online shopping is a lifesaver. Think I'd be suicidal if I had to set foot in a bank again and I can't stand shopping, especially during peak periods like Christmas.

Crackle said:
Can someone move this to Cafe? I put it in soapbox by mistake :ohmy: Wondered why I couldn't find it.

Consider it done.:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
Sounds a bit technical to me - can someone please moved this thread to "Technical" please? :ohmy:

This poster sounds a bit underknowledged, can we move him to Beginners please? :biggrin:

Top Bottom