adding android apps to a chromebook without google play

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bought a refurbed chrome book for mrs ck as she wanted somethign with a bigger screen but it doesnt have play store so she cant play the games she did before, i have read you can add it to a chrome book but its a bit beyond my tech to sort it out

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Not sure what pay store is, but have you had a browse of the 'add apps and extensions' tab in the Chrome browser?

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/2588006?hl=en-GB

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Go to section in bottom rh corner of the screen with the time and click it . On the top you'll see settings ( cog logo) click on that. On the left hand panel that opens you will see "Playstore", click on it to select defaults.
May have been there all the time. Did you click your launcher in the bottom left hand corner? That should bring up all the default apps of which Playstore should be one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Go to section in bottom rh corner of the screen with the time and click it . On the top you'll see settings ( cog logo) click on that. On the left hand panel that opens you will see "Playstore", click on it to select defaults.
May have been there all the time. Did you click your launcher in the bottom left hand corner? That should bring up all the default apps of which Playstore should be one.
it does not exist it has chrome webstore

Drago

Legendary Member
Only the later ones have the necessary OS to be able to run android apps.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

arc welder apk is an app that can but im not sure how it works , if i could get the font in the browser tab at menu bigger it would be enough for me but as i can always let the lad play with it and do his homework etc on it

Top Bottom