Additional Front Lights...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cd365

Guru
I want to mount an extra front light to my road bike, I can't put it on my drops since there is no space, anyone got any suggestions where to mount it and what to mount it with, i was think of on my forks, i did come across a Minoura Besso but can't seem to source one in the UK.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Topeak do a bar extender, i've got one and it's pretty good, just looks a bit odd.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11337

paul

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I've got just enough stack height to put a cheap flashing LED underneath my stem as a supplementary light, it's neat and out of the way. It does however require a light that has a bracket that will go round stem spacers.

D

Deleted member 1258

Topeak do a bar extender, i've got one and it's pretty good, just looks a bit odd.

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=11337

paul

+1 on the bar extender. My handle bars were getting a bit crowded and the extender took one light of the bars, I've got mine hanging below the bars with a Cateye EL 300 on it, when I brought the light I found it would not fit the bars but fits the extender. My other light a S-Sun 130w wont fit the extender so stays on the bars.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I want to mount an extra front light to my road bike, I can't put it on my drops since there is no space, anyone got any suggestions where to mount it and what to mount it with, i was think of on my forks, i did come across a Minoura Besso but can't seem to source one in the UK.

Have you got "low-rider" (pannier - rack) mounts on your forks?

You can get an adapter that screws in to those and provides a small handlebar diameter piece sticking out for the light to clamp on.
Quite expensive for what they are, I'm thinking of getting some nice aluminium ones machined up.
They'd be £3.50/ ea posted if I can get enough takers.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Knog do some great lights were the fixing is part of the bidy, I have a couple of bullfrogs snapped on to my for blades, work a treat and kan be angled out slightly to gibe more L & R visibility (not you, other road users)

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've ordered one of these off eBay

I'm hope it can hold a LED torch onto my forks, this is plan A

Interesting...let us know how it works out.

My "extra" front light - I was lucky enough that the bracket had enough "meat" on it to drill a 5mm hole, then I used a longer bolt to mount it to the front lowrider mount

I've ordered one of these off eBay

I'm hope it can hold a LED torch onto my forks, this is plan A

Excellent find! Ordered one myself, a friend's dad who is a rep for a tool company gave me a super-bright LED mini torch the other week, it would be ideal on that bracket.

I shall soon have progressed from 3 x front lights & 5 x rear, to 4 x front + 6 x rear when I retrieve my angle grinder to fabricate a homebrew bracket for my other rear light too. :becool:

AND.....as "the only cyclist in the village workplace I was asked to select a few new products in our cycling range so I ordered some Knog-style silicone lights with a view to strapping those on too

If you mount unit 1 above and unit 2 below, assuming the mounts aren't as wide as whatever you are mounting you should get a little bit more space.

I've got a few of these, you need extra rubber to mount them to forks - and if you are talking road forks you need something tighter - front sus kind of forks will be fine.

Top Bottom