Admin has got fat ... come back skinny Admin :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Well, it's true. No matter what excuses I use (giving up smoking, flooded house, changing jobs after 20 years at the same firm, moving into a tiny bungalow so our house can become a building site, having my routine severly disrupted to the point where I've cycle 4 times in the last 3 months, etc., etc.)

In reality I've simple gorged and eaten myself into a stupore (well, not actually turned into a canibal or anything, but you get the idea! :biggrin:)

So, if we're all going to meet up this year, I need to get to work on losing some of the extra weight I've gained. "How much?" I hear you say, well, let's say I wouldn't miss about 2-3 stone, probably nearer 3 than 2. :biggrin:

Besides, I want my CC jersey to say CycleChat across the front, not CCCyyycccllleeeCCChhhaaattt (I couldn't stretch the text, but again, you get the idea - right?).

So, it's off to bed for me, and in the morning a fresh start and a determined effort to lose some weight.

The downside to losing the weight? The daughter won't be able to giggle herself silly slapping my belly fat. :biggrin:

Here's to getting rid of the Pregnant Man look, and bring-on the normal me that's hiding under all the wobbly bits .... :smile:

Night all,
Shaun :biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Admins new CC jersey after 1st worn !! :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin:

2173411805_aa4661e14d.jpg

Pete

Good luck Shaun, whatever strategy you adopt! I suppose I should cry out 'count me in' seeing my similar predicament (I think metric rather than stones, but I could do with about 10 Kg off...)

Any thoughts about setting up a 'CC weightwatchers' thread - maybe 'sticky'ed on Health & Fitness? Like what has been tried on other forums, though I must confess I didn't stick it out long on the ACF one! :biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Admin...I'm in the same boat, most of me is OK shape except for the pregnant belly, not pretty! Reasons pretty much the same, though my Alcohol consumption has increased over the last 12 months, so reducing/eliminating that will be a big help for me and save quite a chunk of cash too.
Loss of a stone would be good and 2 stones ...perfect!

I'd be up for a weight watchers thread.

domtyler

Über Member
If it weren't for the fact that I can cycle to work, seven miles each way, every day, I would be about thirteen or fourteen stone. As it is I have only put on less than a stone over the past three or four months of no training, no running, no swimming, eating and drinking to excess. Although I am definitely starting to feel the need to get back into the swing of things again too now. Maybe go for a run after work tonight?

barq

Best of luck to everyone. I could do with loosing about a stone which technically shouldn't be that hard. But like a lot of people I find that all sorts of other issues do get in the way. I'm writing up my PhD which (aside from being an absolute social-life killer) eats up most of my time and motivation. It's very hard to drag myself out for a ride on a cold wet evening after a long day working on that!

Anyway, it sounds like there might be a few of us who would benefit from a bit of mutual weight-loss support and motivation. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Weight-watchers thread sounds good, I'll pop on the scales tonight and start the weight-in tomorrow.

Do we update weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?

Elmer - spot on :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Admin said:
Do we update weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?

Sometimes I think annually might be a bit less depressing! :biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
I could do with losing a stone or so as well, having a Dominos at the bottom of my road is a bloody curse to easy to get my hands on a pepperoni passion.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
mondobongo said:
I could do with losing a stone or so as well, having a Dominos at the bottom of my road is a bloody curse to easy to get my hands on a pepperoni passion.

You'll have to move house...for the same reason I'm emptying the house of Alcohol...:angry:...hic...:angry:

Pete

I stepped on the scales this morning. OK, OK, I know it's the tail end of a 'festive' season (for 'festive' read 'overindulgent') but really....:sad::wacko::sad::ohmy::sad::laugh::sad::biggrin::sad::biggrin::sad::sad:

Getting difficult to get into my trousers now. Cycling has dwindled to a crawl. Can't get up hills. :sad::sad::sad: Feel bloated and unhealthy.

I Need To Do Something About It. Simple statement of fact. Weightwatchers? D-i-Y diet? Help!!!

Top Bottom