Admin's 40th Birthday ride - York perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
I'm 40 in November (:wacko: and fancy meeting up with a few CC'ers and having a pootle around the York area.

Anyone know of a good route around there - maybe do 40 miles total with a decent lunch stop along the way?

I'm confident the East Yorks CC posse can come up trumps on this one, and as it's York there should be good rail links if a few others fancy joining in.

I can likely do a Saturday or Sunday (but will need to fit around family), and as I've enjoyed all my previous CC group rides I fancied a day out on the bike with some good people for company.

Sound like a plan?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Admin said:
I'm 40 in November (:biggrin: and fancy meeting up with a few CC'ers and having a pootle around the York area.

Anyone know of a good route around there - maybe do 40 miles total with a decent lunch stop along the way?

I'm confident the East Yorks CC posse can come up trumps on this one, and as it's York there should be good rail links if a few others fancy joining in.

I can likely do a Saturday or Sunday (but will need to fit around family), and as I've enjoyed all my previous CC group rides I fancied a day out on the bike with some good people for company.

Sound like a plan?

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

Do we need to find an icecream stop?:wacko:

Flat or hilly?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
HelenD123 said:
Do we need to find an icecream stop?:ohmy:

Flat or hilly?

Yes, and Hilly if people want to justify two ice creams!!! :laugh: - or flat, if people would prefer just a small lump of the cold sweet stuff ... :ohmy:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:
I'm 40 in November (:evil: and fancy meeting up with a few CC'ers and having a pootle around the York area.

Sound like a plan?

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

Ah, we discussed this at the weekend;). If you're flexible about the month, see my York Environs ride thread....

If you want to stick to November of course, we can do that, and you could still come along in October!

Ideally, we need a morning coffee and cake stop, lunch, and an afternoon stop for tea/beer.

zacklaws

Guru
>>>Ideally, we need a morning coffee and cake stop, lunch, and an afternoon stop for tea/beer.<<<

Do I need to bring my dinner suit or can I get away with just a bit of polish on my shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom