Adventure road bike - best under £800

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
UPDATE!!!!!

Bad News!
Evans have cancelled my order due to supply issues with the 2018 sequoia.

Good News!
I have upgraded to the Arkose R1 at no additional cost.
https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-arkose-r1-2019-road-bike-EV339950

Mixed feelings a little gutted to be honest but the Arkose R1 for £669 must be a good deal right?
Did you enjoy riding it?

OP
OP
P

Piggysmalls

Regular
Picked my new bike up last week. Have only done maybe 50 miles but happy so far. I think my bike is much faster on the road than my mates genesis tour de far but its a bit unstable, bubly on the rough gravel. The bike is much more road orientated then gravel and the evens description I think is slightly missleading. The bike came with 28mm donnelly strada tyres and not the wtb horizon 30's as advertised but after I emailed them they are posting a pair to me. (they have since changed this on the spec list but not the description.. Strange?)
Overall I am very happy with my price ☺ even the very helpful guy at the my local shop couldn't believe it! And happy with the bike, build quolity and overall service dispite some hiccups! I would recomend evans and the pinnacle arkose r for sure.

Attachments

• DSC_0632.JPG
    DSC_0632.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 79
Nice bike, even nicer price. Well done! If it's too harsh on rougher terrain then go for the fattest tyres you can get in (allow a bit for mud/mudguard clearance) and run them at lower pressure. Going tubeless will help too. Panaracer Gravel King (non-SK) 38s are very good for mixed surface stuff and sensibly priced.

OP
OP
P

Piggysmalls

Regular
So I called evans about the tyres not being as advertised and they have sent me a set of the wtb horizons 30's free of charge.. Feel slightly guilty now.. Hee Hee..
But I can't get the new tyres to seat right on the rims, I've took them off and refitted them 3 times now!

Top Bottom