Adventure road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigMeatball

why cant people spend 2k on their first bike if they can afford it??? what right do people have to tell them not to waste their money and just get a skip bike............

It's called "right to give people advice based on personal experience"

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It's called "right to give people advice based on personal experience"
Telling someone how to spend their cash.....is no right of yours

If someone says i have 2k to spend can you advise what type of bike should i buy........your reply should not be, your wasting your money, get one from a skip.

Now if some one says..." i have 2k to spend on a bike, am i wasting my money" then by all means carry on with your advice based on personal experience.

But that isnt whats happening here.

BigMeatball

Telling someone how to spend their cash.....is no right of yours

If someone says i have 2k to spend can you advise what type of bike should i buy........your reply should not be, your wasting your money, get one from a skip.

Now if some one says..." i have 2k to spend on a bike, am i wasting my money" then by all means carry on with your advice based on personal experience.

But that isnt whats happening here.

you must be fun to be around.

and with this, I'm not going to waste any more time with you :hello:

jowwy

you must be fun to be around.

and with this, I'm not going to waste any more time with you :hello:
Glad that was over quickly....im quite avert to people who think they have the right to do and say whatever they want.

Enjoy your day

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
why cant people spend 2k on their first bike if they can afford it??? what right do people have to tell them not to waste their money and just get a skip bike............

"Hi guys, I'm after some recommendations on which bike to purchase."

The opening line from the op of this thread.
It's exactly what people have done. Offered recommendations.
As to the amount being spent, mistakes made on a bike after a 22 year lapse are cheaper to resolve on a cheaper bike than a pricy one. Not everyone can afford to f**k up a £2000 bike. Even those who can, more than likely wouldn't like to and if offering advice to a new rider in an attempt to help them avoid a costly mistake is a bad thing, then we're all doomed.

jowwy

"Hi guys, I'm after some recommendations on which bike to purchase."

The opening line from the op of this thread.
It's exactly what people have done. Offered recommendations.
As to the amount being spent, mistakes made on a bike after a 22 year lapse are cheaper to resolve on a cheaper bike than a pricy one. Not everyone can afford to f**k up a £2000 bike. Even those who can, more than likely wouldn't like to and if offering advice to a new rider in an attempt to help them avoid a costly mistake is a bad thing, then we're all doomed.
Read my post again.......

Top Bottom