Advice and comments about a new product name!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodd82

Hello!

I wondered if I can get your opinion on something? I'm working on a range of products that are related to holidaying in the UK. Consider these sort of scenarios:

- You're going away with your partner and kids for a week or two summer holiday to somewhere like Cornwall or Southend
- You're going away with a partner for a quiet weekend, or a City break, to somewhere like York
- A day out with friends or family at a theme park, or other attraction in the UK, such as Alton Towers or Legoland
- You hire a cottage or house to stay in, in the UK countryside, such as the New Forest

With this in mind, could you take a few moments to tell me what you think about the following names, and which one would be most appropriate?

1. UK Travel
2. UK Explorer
3. Great British Breaks
4. Stay UK
5. GREAT Britain

If you wouldn't mind just identifying which you believe is the best fit, and any other comments about these names, that would be greatly appreciated!

It's something that I'm working on at home and would love to get some input.

Thanks

Warren

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

Okay, thanks - can I do that by editing the thread, or do I need to start again?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I like 3 & 5, to me they seem the most appropriate, but what would I know.
Nowadays, because of the dogs, we only holiday in the UK. If I saw an add for a company called Great British Breaks or GREAT Britain I would most likely go and look at the website.
Option No. 3 tells you exactly what you are going to look at.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Warren you could even set up a Surveymonkey poll which will collect text answers though it it limited to ten questions/responses and provide a link to it.

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

I like 3 & 5, to me they seem the most appropriate, but what would I know.
Nowadays, because of the dogs, we only holiday in the UK. If I saw an add for a company called Great British Breaks or GREAT Britain I would most likely go and look at the website.
Option No. 3 tells you exactly what you are going to look at.

Thanks Saluki - this wouldn't be an actual holiday booking company, but it's certainly related.

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

Warren you could even set up a Surveymonkey poll which will collect text answers though it it limited to ten questions/responses and provide a link to it.

Thanks Vernon - perhaps I'll try and rule a couple out, and then set up a survey... if you don't mind me posting a new article later in the week!

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

[QUOTE 2244175, member: 259"]I think you might have to do it when you create the thread - sorry!

In that case you might have to ask a mod to change it for you.[/quote]

No worries, thanks Mort!

TVC

If you google all five of those, you'll find that they are all already used by another company in the holiday industry, so you're going to be hard pushed to make an impact, even if you are allowed to use them. Perhaps something more original is required.

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

If you google all five of those, you'll find that they are all already used by another company in the holiday industry, so you're going to be hard pushed to make an impact, even if you are allowed to use them. Perhaps something more original is required.

They maybe used, but I wouldn't be using them for the same purpose, and my name would be different because it'd include the product as well.

There aren't any words that are 'original' as such, so I don't think it's practical to expect to find a word related to UK travel that isn't being used in one way or another.

Any suggestions welcome!

TVC

Hello!

I'm working on a range of products that are related to holidaying in the UK.

tell me what you think about the following names, and which one would be most appropriate?

If you wouldn't mind just identifying which you believe is the best fit,

What is the product? Holidaying in the UK is the bit I find vague, are they caravan accessories, travel guides, weather forecasts, train tickets?

OP
OP
dodd82

dodd82

What is the product? Holidaying in the UK is the bit I find vague, are they caravan accessories, travel guides, weather forecasts, train tickets?

It's a bit difficult to say at this stage.

But it's something that would be of interest for all of the situations I describe above.

Top Bottom