Advice: Decathlon frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

handsome joe

Does anyone have advice in regards to those lower-end (Cromo) Decathlon road bikes? Are the frames any good? My current alu frame is ok and fast but i tend to pogo around a bit too much........my bones not as rubbery as they once were. Oh, how i wish i was that age again.

Tynan

Veteran
their low edn stuff gets good reviews for the price but I can't see cheap stuff being too good for that, that is what you're paying for after all with a better bike

ChrisKH

Guru
fossyant said:
Change the forks on the alu frame to carbon (if not already)

Can you recommend some? I've got a Specialized Allez with standard forks. Wish I had bought the upgraded Elite version with zertz inserts. Get the Specialized ones or another?

Sorry, not meaning to hijack this thread.

twowheelsgood

Are your forks Al or Cromo already? Changing to carbon can actually make the ride stiffer and less compliant than steel but you'll likely get an improvement over Al.

The whole point of composite materials is you can change the shape and composition to produce whatever characteristics you like. My carbon touring fork is a lot stiffer than the steel one on my Kaffenaback, which frankly borders on the wobbly.

Better quality or bigger tyres also may help -> 25c is an easy change. And use sport tyres as the tougher commuter ones ride badly as they are less compliant, this is why many hybrids use 35c. You'll have to live with more frequent punctures though.

Top Bottom