Advice needed after near miss.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
at the very least you should claim for the damage to your bike/clothes. if she refuses, tell her your going to the police. as said, saying you don't expect anyone is a crap defence! She's driving on a public road!!! of course she's going to meet someone coming in the other direction at some point.

Camgreen

While she appears to be at fault here and admits as much, that was at the scene, unless you have witnesses, after some reflection, she may take a different point of view; particularly if it going to cost her or her insurers. Her word against yours; best of luck and glad you're still in one piece.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Argument could go - if she wasn't at fault and had no impact - why did she feel it necessary to hand over details?

OP
OP
D

DavetheAxe

Well thank you all for the advice, I really appreciate it.
I called the driver and she has agreed to send a cheque for the cost of the torn jacket and shredded shifters.
I think this was the best outcome on balance and am very sure (I hope) that she has learned her lesson and will be driving down these lanes with more care in future.

Thanks

Dave

400bhp

Guru
How many times have we heard the cheques in the post.

Lets hope it turns up. 9 times out of 10 it won't.

david k

Hi
Insurance wise I think you have a problem as there has been no collision, so no accident as such. IMO the old lady's Insurance company will take a firm line on this one.

i was paid out on a motorbike, a car would have hit me had i not took evasive action and come off

Top Bottom