Advice needed over cat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikepete

Guru
I'll be happy to eat my words if it does work for us - a kind fellow Cyclechatter is posting us an empty Feliway kit and we'll get some fluid and try it!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Er... what effect do these female cat hormones have on female humans?

Just asking......

:sad:

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
Hiya all just back from my last day at my work placement, where I have been given a glowing report.

Thank you all for your advice, like Bikepete said we will give it a try. If it doesn't work we will go back to the vets and get the tranquillisers the vet suggested.

I managed to get a decent nights sleep last night, we are shutting Billa down stairs after her recent meowing at 2.45am and subsequent 5am wake up calls. It would be good to have the old Billa back, the one who woke us up just before the alarm clock.

We will find a way through this.

domd1979

Veteran
snapper_37 said:
I've got friends with 'house' cats. The only reason they are kept in is because they are pedigree and I think it's terrible. However, it's all they've ever known, whereas your cat has had its freedom up until now.

It is a difficult one... but risk to the cat versus its welfare, plus welfare of local wildlife being hunted or not need to be considered. I have two rescue cats that previously went out and they stop in the house - am very close to a main road and railway where neighbours have had cats run over on both, also I was told they are both keen hunters. On balance decided it was better they stay in and haven't had any problems at all, they are both quite happy, no behavioural problems, and no sitting by doors. My brother has a Birman cat that is completely deaf, so he is a house cat and again quite happy being inside. So they can certainly adjust to being inside. Also discussed subject with the vet a few months back and his view was indoor cats could be quite happy.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Tricky one but on balance I think let the cat out. Ours is getting on a bit now but there isn't any stopping her. She's out most of the time at this time of year whereas in the depths of the winter she's in most of the time.
Can you mimic winter conditions to keep her in? :angry:

Top Bottom