Advice on a buying a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigDan

Hi all.
I'm getting a bike for my 30th I want to get on the road to help with the fitness. I'm unsure which bike to buy as I would like a road bike but also a bike I could use when going down lanes and tracks with my family. If possible I would like to keep the price down to around £250 max (if this is possible) Any advice would be great. Thanks.

simon.r

Person
A hybrid is probably what you're after - primarily aimed at road use, but with the ability to cope with light off-road trails.

This looks like a reasonable deal (based purely on spec and the fact that Kona have a good reputation as a brand): http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes/kona-dew-hybrid-bike-2015 An additional £20 off at present as well. Also worth noting that you can get 10% off at Halfords if you join British Cycling.

If you have a decent local bike shop go and have a chat with them.

Stuart k

A hybrid is probably what you're after - primarily aimed at road use, but with the ability to cope with light off-road trails.

This looks like a reasonable deal (based purely on spec and the fact that Kona have a good reputation as a brand): http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes/kona-dew-hybrid-bike-2015 An additional £20 off at present as well. Also worth noting that you can get 10% off at Halfords if you join British Cycling.

If you have a decent local bike shop go and have a chat with them.

Stuart k

Hi
If your wanting to keep fit and have the benefits of a light bike is definitely the giant rapid 4 amazing bike I lost nearly 7stone on this doing 20 miles a day traveling to and from work can pick these up second hand eBay new retail at 499

jay clock

Massive member
that Kona from Halfords is a decent bike. Halfords generally I would avoid, particularly their Apollo brand which is carp. Carrera is ok. An you do not need suspension for what you describe

Top Bottom