Advice on a cycling route on the A11 in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have an audition to cycle in the opening ceremony of the Olympics!! YIPPEEEEE

The audition is at 3 Mills Studios, Three Mill Lane E3 3DU

I am staying with friends at Forest Hill, but plan is to get a train to Whitechapel then cycle.

The A11 looks murderous on google streetview, but the TfL website shows that as being the "easy route"!. I assume some of you cycle it often, so using the info above, any useful suggestions. Will also consider cycling the whole way, but since I have had three emails with 9am, 9,30 and 10 stated as the correct time, I am keen not to be late!

I am a former London commuter (in the late 80s)and generally not a country bumpkin in these matters, but thought I would ask for advice

subaqua

What’s the point
personally i would stay on the overground to Canonbury, change onto the stratford train and get off at Hackney wick then ride the greenway to abbey road, gay road riverside road bisson road over the foortbridge scoot through Three mill Green park and you are there. avoids Bow interchange , which if you are not used to cycling round is a bit daunting.

http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_1801801.html

SBaxter

jay,

I am also going for a 10am audition, I will be getting the 6.35 from Manchester then cycling from Euston.. Happy to meet up for safety in numbers it looks like there are a few minor roads to bypass at points!

Might seem like a strange question, do you use clip less pedals if so are you changing your pedals as the invite suggests full movement on the bike?

Scott

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
sbaxter, pm me yr number will call you when I am on my way from waterloo, and certainly see you there if not before.

re pedals I have the M324 on my mtb which I have decided is better than my road bikes for this purpose.

Jay

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Audition went well.... a strong suspcicion is that they were weeding out the no-hopers and additionally trying a few ideas out to see how groups could interact. Who knows!

Top Bottom