Advice on a second hand Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Family_Rider

Hi Everyone,

I am returning to cycling after some time away due to having a young family. I have found a second hand Bianchi RC 928 Carbon Coast 2 Coast (C2C) bike for sale. It was made in the year 2007 and is in very good condition on visual inspection and rides well. It has obviously been well looked after. It has Shimano Ultegra 10sp triple 175mm cranks and Ultegra breaks, Campagnolo Zonda wheels and Vittoria open corsa evo CX (320 TPI) tyres. I would like to know what price range is reasonable for such a bike and given that is 13 years old, but in very good condition? I just would like re-assurance that I do not pay too much.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,

I am returning to cycling after some time away due to having a young family. I have found a second hand Bianchi RC 928 Carbon Coast 2 Coast (C2C) bike for sale. It was made in the year 2007 and is in very good condition on visual inspection and rides well. It has obviously been well looked after. It has Shimano Ultegra 10sp triple 175mm cranks and Ultegra breaks, Campagnolo Zonda wheels and Vittoria open corsa evo CX (320 TPI) tyres. I would like to know what price range is reasonable for such a bike and given that is 13 years old, but in very good condition? I just would like re-assurance that I do not pay too much.

Thanks in advance!

What is it advertised for?

OP
OP
F

Family_Rider

It is selling for $2200 Australian dollars. It is in excellent condition, but again it is a 2007 model. Thanks!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
At that age it’s important you check the frame very carefully for any damage or faults, also check the wheels especially the rims for wear. You’ve probably heard about the problems with pressfit BBs so you need to inspect that too. Does it shift smoothly? Older bikes can be good buys, I’ve got a Trek the same age with an aluminium frame and it’s my favourite bike but I paid very little for it and needed plenty doing.
Could be a good buy but don’t pay too much for it, very difficult to advise a price but I’d say not above £500 (AUS$900)
Is it suitable for the sort of riding you’ll be doing? It will have very narrow HP tyres so comfort won’t be one it’s attributes but you might be able to swap in some fatter tyres.

BTW :welcome: to the forum.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
That’s about £1000 Sterling, far too much for a 13 year old bike. Most have Campagnolo Record so the Ultegra version is a bit less desirable. Here that would be no more than £650.

There are a lot of triers at the moment. EBay recently had a few Boardman CX teams in black/yellow and silver/red for between £400-£750, pre Covid these would be around £250/£300.

I’m also starting to see some 2020 bikes up for sale on Ebay now at pretty much retail price usually with the comment cycling is not for me.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
That’s about £1000 Sterling, far too much for a 13 year old bike. Most have Campagnolo Record so the Ultegra version is a bit less desirable. Here that would be no more than £650.

It is in the UK, but second hand stuff is often worth more as a percentage of new in other countries.

What I suspect none of us know is the position in Australia.

It is selling for $2200 Australian dollars. It is in excellent condition, but again it is a 2007 model. Thanks!

As others have said, it sounds on the high side. You could get a good new one for that price, though not bianchi. If you want that one, see if you could get a reasonable amount knocked off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Family_Rider

At that age it’s important you check the frame very carefully for any damage or faults, also check the wheels especially the rims for wear. You’ve probably heard about the problems with pressfit BBs so you need to inspect that too. Does it shift smoothly? Older bikes can be good buys, I’ve got a Trek the same age with an aluminium frame and it’s my favourite bike but I paid very little for it and needed plenty doing.
Could be a good buy but don’t pay too much for it, very difficult to advise a price but I’d say not above £500 (AUS$900)
Is it suitable for the sort of riding you’ll be doing? It will have very narrow HP tyres so comfort won’t be one it’s attributes but you might be able to swap in some fatter tyres.

BTW :welcome: to the forum.

Thanks!

Top Bottom