Advice on bike gear.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

azza

I bought my focus cayo evo 6.0 nearly a year ago and just starting to really get into road biking. Just wondering on tips to get more speed and beat so of my fast mates.
I've been training hard and just wondering if changing anything on my bike will help me more.
I have the original wheels on my bike with ultremo 25c tyres. Normal shimano spd pedals and just cheap muddy fox shoes.

Will getting carbon peddles and better shoes help me out? Just want a few tips on little changes in components to help me out. Thank you

wintergreen

People always say wheels are the first upgrade to make. As for beating your mates the only real answer is time in the saddle, you want to go faster - work harder. It really is that simple.

RebornBumbler

Most people will probably suggest wheels, tubes and tyres as the most effective pep-up for any bike.
It's unlikely weight-saving on pedals or shoes will make so much difference (unless the shoes are a really bad fit, of course!)

Otherwise, if you're not entirely happy with the bike fit, you might get some considerable improvement having a professional set you up properly.

ChrisEyles

Guru
My biggest single improvement in speed resulted from getting a proper bike fit, which included dropping the bars a fair distance... but this is still a lot smaller than my improvement over the past year from getting out and putting the miles in!

Top Bottom