Advice on boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclelad90

Hey im looking to buy a new bike for this year and im torn between the boardman hyb 8.6 and the mtx 8.6 i do alot of countryside riding and alot of riding in london which bike do you think i should.go for ?

Sharky

Guru
I liked the look of the hyb best, but then I noticed that it comes with a one piece stem and handlebar, so will be a nightmare if you want to change either.

The mtx also looks nice, but you don't need suspension for the cobbles of London streets and probably not for countryside tracks.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If the hyd comes with suspension fork and the other doesn't then it's a no brainer, the rigid fork wins every time. A suspension fork is heavy and don't add much to comfort even on tracks plus it will add to the price.
It's always a good idea to post links to the bikes you're referring to so we exactly which model and year you're talking about.

Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

OP
OP
C

Cyclelad90

If the hyd comes with suspension fork and the other doesn't then it's a no brainer, the rigid fork wins every time. A suspension fork is heavy and don't add much to comfort even on tracks plus it will add to the price.
It's always a good idea to post links to the bikes you're referring to so we exactly which model and year you're talking about.

Hello and :welcome: to the forum.
Thanks man yea the mtx is suspension amd hyb is rigid the only reason i was considering the mtx is if i go through fields or rough terrain could the rigid hyb hold up ... but your right the weight of the suspension is an issue too .

OP
OP
C

Cyclelad90

I liked the look of the hyb best, but then I noticed that it comes with a one piece stem and handlebar, so will be a nightmare if you want to change either.

The mtx also looks nice, but you don't need suspension for the cobbles of London streets and probably not for countryside tracks.
Thanks for the reply put my mind at ease kmowing that the hyb should cope with the odd off road passage 👍

Top Bottom