Advice on fitness bike, replacing trek navigator hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sreyes86

I've return to riding my 15-year old trek navigator comfort/hybrid bike and I've lost 30 lbs in the last 5 weeks. I'm looking to transition to a fitness flat bar bike with better rolling tires, gears, and brakes...and hopefully lighter than my 32 lb navigator! I ride 100% on paved trails. Started at 5k rides, and now riding 10-15k 4-5 times a week. I'm considering the trek fX 3 disc. Budget is $600-800. What other bikes should I be considering? I weigh just over 300 lbs but ride 4-5 times a week and I'm looking to keep fitness riding long term. Thank you.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you want vfm you really won't do any better than this for £500;
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rc500-flat-bar-disc-road-bike-sora-id_8554412.html
Should fit the bill perfectly for you. Plus you get lifetime frame warranty and one year on components. Only weak point is maybe the brakes which you could swap out for something better if you got fed up with them.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Trek FX 3 is an excellent choice. Your current weight shouldn't be an issue for the bike but might negate any warranty if they specify a max rider weight (so read the Ts &Cs)

Decathlon certainly post rider weights for their bikes iirc, so the same could apply to the warranty (frame and components)

Top Bottom