advice on turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nicholas

Über Member
hi been thinking of buying my first turbo for when its just to miserable to go out (plus I am soft ) my question is do I have to remove my back spindle to use a trainer is this hard to do never done it before new to this cycling thing also can any damage be done to my back wheel whilst using trainer your advice would be appreciated:banghead:

Removing/replacing the QR is very simple. The trainer won't damage your wheel, but you might see a bit of accelerated wear on your rear tyre.

Firstly - I wouldn't splash all your cash on a turbo - they are very boring after a while.

If you have a wheel with a solid axle then obviously the QR supplied with the turbo won't work - Tacx (one of the main makers) sell a Tacx Axle Nut which will enable you to use their turbo.

Firstly - I wouldn't splash all your cash on a turbo - they are very boring after a while.

If you are on a turbo and thinking how boring it is - then you are not using it correctly.

Kies

First turbo session of the autumn/winter. Was only 30 mins but felt great to get a sweat up in the garage - looking out at the rain

Top Bottom