Advice please , newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
No, it's supposedly quieter and easier to pedal unassisted - similar to the current Active Line Plus with the full-size front ring.

Another point in favour of the Bosch motor is its popularity means there are more service locations, although still not many.

I'm fortunate in having a shop with Bosch diagnostic equipment near me in Durham City.

The owner reckons the next nearest is either 100 miles up the road in Edinburgh, or 70 miles down the road in York.

I've no reason to doubt that.

There are lots more shops that sell Bosch motor ebikes, but that's not the same thing.
my nearest bosch luckily enough is 15miles away.........i got 2 active line plus models and they are very good, once you replace the 175s crank down to 165s in my case

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Does access to Bosch service matter?

The software on my bike self-scrambled itself after a couple of years, which was fixed by a reboot/update.

The dealer reckons the system needs a reboot every year or so.

Mine came up with lots of errors before it was redone.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Does access to Bosch service matter?

The software on my bike self-scrambled itself after a couple of years, which was fixed by a reboot/update.

The dealer reckons the system needs a reboot every year or so.

Mine came up with lots of errors before it was redone.
Only if I have a warranty issues....but tbh other than Halfords, that is my closest bike store

OP
OP
D

Davemas

Cannot comment on reliability, but it seems a hardtail mtb with large volume tyres is what you need. Check out the cube reaction hybrids. Imho the exc variants are the best buys ove there. Big brakes, boost rear axle and an airfork are all nice things to have.
Thanks Ananda , will do

Top Bottom