Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul73

Looking on ebay for a cheap hybrid to get me started, someone selling a raleigh spirit anyone know much about these bikes, any good!

Is this the bike you mean, if so think about what you are going to use it for, if commuting it could put you off for good, it looks heavy, knobbly tyres are not very efficient rolling on road, front suspension at that price is only good for absorbing your energy and makes it more heavy, grip shifters are sore on your hand after a while. IMO I'd shop around, good luck.

Looking on ebay for a cheap hybrid to get me started, someone selling a raleigh spirit anyone know much about these bikes, any good!

Maybe you should check with your local police and find out when they will next be selling off the unclaimed bikes, often some good bargians to be had, as all they want to do is clear the storage space for the next lot of nicked bikes.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi Paul,

What sort of riding are you looking at? I see in your other thread that you were asking about off road capability, but was that for off road riding or just a bit of general towpath type stuff?

Where you are, two shops to have a look in for new bikes would be Decathlon and Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative in Sheffield

OP
OP
P

paul73

Hi Paul,

What sort of riding are you looking at? I see in your other thread that you were asking about off road capability, but was that for off road riding or just a bit of general towpath type stuff?

Where you are, two shops to have a look in for new bikes would be Decathlon and Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative in Sheffield

I used to really enjoy road riding when i was younger and would like to get back into it. At the moment im looking at trying to get a cheap hybrid off ebay and find out if i have to time and energy to get out. Was thinking about spending £300 - £500 on a new bike but if i cant find the time and energy it will end up being a waste of cash. So i thought if i could get a second hand decent ride for say under 150-200, a bike that was originally 300-500. My neighbour uses a raleigh mountain bike with a rigid frame and thinish tyres, he goes out for 20-30 mile rides. I would like to be able to use the bike with my daughter on canal paths, tow paths. I have been in je james got some good advice and the bikes that got recommended were 250 to 400. Looked at decathalon website and they dont seem to have much choice on hybrid.

Top Bottom