Advise after Accident needed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It is tripe.
You will have the registration number of the car.
If they are uninsured and claim it was not them driving then that is when the Police may be involved.
If you suspected they were drunk then call the Police - it's usually easy to work out.
It does not in any way speed up the process. It slows it down.

Don't try to apply "what if's" to a situation which is quite straight forward.

As far as I can see, as a result of poor advice given to the OP, he has now made an appointment to visit the Police. Hey ho.

So what have you got against calling the police? waisting police time?
I don't suggest it is done in every case, a pure accident where there is very little damage (scuffs and grazes) then there is no point. But serious damage to your bicycle or to your self then it is best to get the police involved. And if you ask for an ambulance after an RTC then police are automatically sent.
Yes I knew it was :laugh:
:laugh: no need to be so smug.

First - thank goodness it wasn't a lot worse, and you're OK. That's the important bit.

Second, it doesn't really matter whether you should/must report it to the police ----- if I'd been knocked off and hurt, I would.

If nothing else - for their advice (and they'll tell you to get down to A&E and get yourself checked out); so it's recorded; also it may help you a bit if the other party is less than helpful; and it may not be a one-off incident caused by this driver.

Noodley

So what have you got against calling the police?

Because there is no need.

From the OP it sounds as if the driver will be okay with things; the OPs personal judgement seems good.

But now there is a needless visit to the local Police station....

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

From the OP it sounds as if the driver will be okay with things; the OPs personal judgement seems good.

I should have expanded on my question to make it clearer what i was asking.
Do you have a problem with ringing the police when an RTC takes place in every circumstance? Or just minor ones?
I suspect we are in agreement
thumbsup.png

Noodley

Temper! Temper! calm down Mr.Mannering. It doesn`t hurt to pop down to the local police just to be sure, then he is covered

Covered for what?

marafi

Rolling down the hills with the bike.
If i was in your shoes. Carry a first aid kit. Buy yourself a bike camera like the £30-50 ones. Report the bad driving to a website (Someone help me out here). To be honest police nowadays will not do anything other then try to arrest you for some unknown reason without any real evidence. That is all.

brokenflipflop

Veteran

Oh no, not a completely needless visit to the Police Station.

Jesus Noodley, it's not exactly the end of the world if the OP interrupts a PCO's tea break or bicycle check
tongue.gif

Noodley

Oh no, not a completely needless visit to the Police Station.

Jesus Noodley, it's not exactly the end of the world if the OP interrupts a PCO's tea break or bicycle check
tongue.gif

So you admit there is not a need for the OP to have visited a Police station?

It would be quite nice if people looking for advice didn't get told bollocks...

locker

Covered for what?

My! My! you certainly haven`t filled out insurance forms very often, he may wake up tomorrow with an injury not apparent at the moment, as Gaz said, the driver may have given false details, & it`s no hardship for the local copper taking a statement, it`s his/her job & if it gets to a small claims court it helps believe me

locker

Christ all mighty! it`s not bollocks whats wrong with you had a bad day chill out, if you can`t be constructive then "£$££

brokenflipflop

Veteran

I would have phoned the Police if it was me - if it turned out to have been unnecessary it wouldn't have been a big deal.

I think at worst it would add a bit of weight to any claim. Should the OP take an unexpected turn for the worse during the night, then the Police have the details and if the OP lives alone and told noone then who would know how he met his demise? (death by dangerous driving maybe should the worst happen).

What harm can it do ?

Chill out dude. The Police regularly call out the chopper to chase 10 year olds on mopeds. I'm sure the OP wont get into any trouble for wasting their time.
wave.gif

Top Bottom