Advise on buying a electric bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Absolutely cool. I'm way outside my domain here, I knew I hadn't found the best option.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Thank you all for your help. I have looked up all suggested alternatives. But without spending 5k l still think the volt alpine is the best . Lightest and with shocks. I will look into the options of fatter tyres though as suggested. The other way of looking at it is to find an easier way of loading. I was thinking of a ramp. Or a bike rack on the tow bar. Any suggestions.

If you want a ramp, you can always look on Amazon for dog ramps. Plastic, lightweight and easy to use, and they can be stowed alongside the bike. I have one that i can use. And they are reasonably priced as well.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Perhaps an obvious solution but could you not just explore the area around you instead, and negate the need for a car?

IMO it is just as fun exploring well worn paths as new ones. But for adventure there is a feature in Strava where you have to travel in one grid square in the map around you and can build up squares into a bigger and bigger area as you go. Probably not a great explanation but I know some on here really enjoy it.

Plus if you are exploring byways you will inevitably get muddy and wet at some stage. If you are driving you then have to have to transport a muddy and wet you and your bike back home.

The final solution would be just to get a low geared bike instead. There is no real need to rush in the countryside, I have only ever used eBikes on the road but even there if you apply power on a slippy surface, especially on corners, there is the risk that the rear wheel will slip and the bike go from underneath you. You tend to have more of a feeling for when you are starting to slip through pedals. I came off a couple of times because of this.

Top Bottom