Aende Photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phyllosc

Thanks for your comments on my earlier thread. In response to one CycleChat member I can now post a couple of photos of the said bikes.

Both machines have been unridden for many years. The racer for about 12yrs and the tourer for about 25yrs. Both are in quite good condition having been stored in sheds and garages all this time - plus they've never seen salted roads!

Of course, the big question is what to do with them? The chap in my local bike shop suggested turning the racer into a fixed wheel machine. Nice thought but I'm no hipster! Anyway, if I was a to grow a beard it would be way too grey. So I've taken the decision to sell them both. To paraphrase the antique programmes on TV, I'm not riding them, so I'll let someone else enjoy them instead. My next step will be to work out how to set up a seller's account on Ebay.

Anyway, here are the pics. Firstly the 'racer', dripping with Dura Ace! While I set a few PBs on this, it didn't break any records but that was more down to the rider than the bike of course!

79786-64752b2f32bd1a1b35d3b6a509563255.jpg

..and now the tourer. For days at a more sedate pace, though by 'tourist' standards it was quite nippy. This once carried me and camping gear from one end of the Pyrenees to the other. Ah, three hot weeks in the August of '88...

79785-62730e20438b86e02edf17098d0aa71f.jpg

As you can undoubtedly see I was really into yellow and red in the 80's...

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Nice bikes but I'm having flashbacks to the 80s Liverpool away strip.

OP
OP
Phyllosc

Phyllosc

I'm a bit new around here on CycleChat and I've just noticed that we have a classified ads section. So, can I actually auction them here?

Set a price that you think they're worth and put them in the classified section - you'll soon find out whether you're close to the mark. Great bikes btw!

Top Bottom