Aero bar ends/plugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Does anyone know where I can get end plugs for aero bars?

I previously used a one piece bar but i have just purchased some longer individual bars.

I’m using them as clip on’s so won’t be adding shifters to the end, they didn’t come with end plugs and I’m a bit lost trying to find some.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
eBay / Amazon / LBS - just search "bar end plugs". About £1-3 a pair.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Does anyone know where I can get end plugs for aero bars?

I previously used a one piece bar but i have just purchased some longer individual bars.

I’m using them as clip on’s so won’t be adding shifters to the end, they didn’t come with end plugs and I’m a bit lost trying to find some.
They're the same size as handlebar end plugs (else the shifters wouldn't fit)

Sharky

Guru
Hi @jifdave , they are usually supplied with handlebar tape.

But if you'd like to find me next Tuesday at the Grain 10, I've got a couple of spares you can have.
You can even have a ride and test those aerobars.
Cheers Keith

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

Sorry I wasn’t clear enough in what I was asking.

I have normal bar ends.
I was looking for aero ones, Turns out my old bars had an aero plug at the rear end so have used that.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

Normal bar ends fit your aero bars. That's the point others are making.
Yes they do. But I wanted aero ones....
586DF38D-113D-4EAF-8A8D-4EA36A6D918E.jpeg
E2589030-51DB-428D-B4AC-305FB469BCB0.jpeg

pawl

Legendary Member
Do the aero ones make that much difference.I am thinking if you are not using bar end shifters surely the end plugs will not make much difference from an aero perspective It’s possible you will lose aero advantage moving your hands from the tri bars to change gear.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Do the aero ones make that much difference.I am thinking if you are not using bar end shifters surely the end plugs will not make much difference from an aero perspective It’s possible you will lose aero advantage moving your hands from the tri bars to change gear.

My bar plugs instantly added 5mph to my averages.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

Surely TT isn’t about speed just about aesthetics???

Top Bottom