Aerobars, tell me about them.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
This is the way to do it -

View attachment 455685

Turns out you can have it all :rolleyes:

Back to perusing the Sexy Surlys methinks..

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They will take away the option of riding with hands close to stem and it’s east to run out of places for lights garmin etc but they add option of tucking small in a head wind ( take some getting used to ) and take all the weight off wrists and hands
I put them on when touring as I find it more comfortable though some may hate it
All the bars are for hands. Lights belong on the fork crown or stem front and computers on stem top. Camera on the headtube.

I like north roads and porters. Nice mix of aero and wide steering upright positions, but it's another where the aero position isn't near brakes, if you care about such things.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I don't need so much (any) real estate for comp or camera, but I do have a fold out, bar mounted map case, a bell, and Mike G's old rubber balled hooter now too..^_^

Lorks - I feel like maybe I should go the whole hog, start wearing tweeds, and smoking a meerschaum pipe as well :rolleyes:

tallbikes

Regular
Link or picture , by any chance? :smile:

A few different variations with different brakes :-)
Gives you a second option of being a bit more upright depending on the angle you set them up as :-)
My suggestion would be bullhorn bars with bar end brake levers and inline brake levers in the middle :-)

Attachments

• IMG_20160526_173849153.jpg
    IMG_20160526_173849153.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 2w2ngc3.jpg
    2w2ngc3.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2700a.jpg
    IMG_2700a.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 21
  • fixed_c.JPG
    fixed_c.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
A few different variations with different brakes :-)
Gives you a second option of being a bit more upright depending on the angle you set them up as :-)
My suggestion would be bullhorn bars with bar end brake levers and inline brake levers in the middle :-)

Thank you - even more options to think about. :blink:

Can see how one could disappear down a worm-hole of configuration variables .. :eek:

Top Bottom