AFCO Charity Cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lancsman666

I am writing to you on behalf of a group of serving Royal Air Force personnel currently employed at the Royal Air Force Directorate of Recruitment and Initial Training and Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre, Royal Air Force Cranwell, Lincolnshire. Our aim is to complete a Charity Bike Ride. The ride is in aid of Help for Heroes; as you know Help for Heroes is a charity that supports our wounded servicemen and women who have given their best to serve their country. We are also supporting a local charity, ‘Me and Dee’, which was founded by Maria Hanson in July 2006 to offer treats to create special moments and memories when time is precious.

In asking for your support you are no doubt aware through the media coverage of the Afghanistan the injuries suffered by those in this area of conflict. All those taking part in this challenge have completed operational tours of duty and have had first hand experience either in Afghanistan or Iraq. In writing to you, we ask that you would consider supporting this venture through a sponsorship donation which can be effected through our web site (www.afcochallenge.co.uk) or should you feel you can support us with bike spares; please contact me via email. In return for your support, we will of course include an internet link to your company and will include your kind consideration in all subsequent media input both internal and external.

Two teams comprise of 3 riders plus a support team of 2 aims to complete a cycle ride around the UK commencing and finishing at Royal Air Force Cranwell. It is our intention to call at each Royal Air Force sponsored Armed Forces Careers Office geographically situated across England and Scotland. We intend to cover a distance of approximately 1600 miles in 7 days. I will be riding as part of the team.

Due to the nature of this charity event, teams will use their personal leave/holiday entitlement and are aiming to be self-sufficient throughout. Our hope is that we can reach a figure of £5,000 but obviously our aim is to raise as much money as possible for the chosen charities which will enable them to continue with their much needed and appreciated work. In order to make donating easier, the team will be set up a web page through which donations can be made via the “Just Giving ™” link. Through this link you will also be able to maintain a watchful eye on how the team are preparing and how the actual event unfolds through regular updates that will be posted to the website.

In anticipation, may I thank you for your time; it is my hope that you will be able to support us.

Top Bottom