Aforce AL33 vs Kinlin XR31T vs Ksyrium Elite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benji77

Hi,

I am presently have my racing bike set up with Ksyrium Elites, which are the best wheels I have ever owned. Just thinking about a possible upgrade... handbuilt wheels with the Aforce AL33 or Kinlin XR31T rims seem good options. Curious to know if anyone has any experience and if I can really expect to see any noticable benefits? I mostly do sportives, 3-4 rolling routes and occasional hill climbs.

Thinking of Aforce AL33 or Kinlin XR31T on basis that I don't want to spend mega-bucks on carbon and also keen to have something tubeless.

Many thanks!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Never heard of the two options but I would guess after a quick google that neither are on par with Ksyrium Elite

iluvmybike

Über Member
Have a look at Hunt wheels - not as good as the Mavics u have but they are tubeless and very well priced

Daninplymouth

I had kinlin rims before they were ok but I had a bit of flex from them. I think this was more to do with a smaller hub.
Recently had a set of dcr rims made with his own rim and sapim spokes. Come out a little cheaper than the hunts and about the same weight although I have 4extra spokes so can’t complain

ChopperG

Regular
I've got A Force AL33's on DCR hubs from David at DCR. They are fantastic - over 4k on them, straight and true as they were when I got them. I went 24 hole rear (2:1 lacing) and 20 h radial front and I am a heavier rider at 95kg. Love them.

Top Bottom