after a mountain bike for me and the mrs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
go back, and politely insist on speaking to a grown up, if I know decathlon it will be sorted in minutes.

wot Greg says .

OP
OP
J

jameshiggon

only problem is the store is like 45 mins to an hour each way from me so will cost me about a tenner in fuel to get up there any back. How much would a bike shop charge to have a look at it do you think? as to be honest they have already lost all the confidence that i had in them.... not even pumping the tyres up is just not acceptable

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
only problem is the store is like 45 mins to an hour each way from me so will cost me about a tenner in fuel to get up there any back. How much would a bike shop charge to have a look at it do you think? as to be honest they have already lost all the confidence that i had in them.... not even pumping the tyres up is just not acceptable
I can almost guarantee if you take it to a local store you'll be told it is a piece of cr@p and you've wasted your money. This will simply be untrue.

Remain firm in the knowledge that you've bought a decent bike which is badly adjusted, smile sweetly, and just keep saying "Yeah, I understand but how much to sort the gears out?" and I'm guessing you won't see much change from £20 depending on the attitude of the shop who may simply pick holes in it and 'fix' things that don't need fixing and charge you twice that.

So a trip back to Decathlon to talk to a grown up is double plus good because

It's probably cheaper
It makes it, via your polite but assertive complaining, less likely that the next customer will get sold a badly adjusted bike setup up by spotty yoof
you'll feel better about your bike and about yourself.

Top Bottom