After a new frameset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
My Langster steel has been sitting gathering dust for too long so I thought I'd get it back on the road. It needed a few new parts which I've ordered but the seat post is stuck solid in the frame. It wouldn't bother me but it's at the wrong height for me.
I've tried to get it out with no avail, I know there is "The seat post man" who could get it out, but I can't be bothered sourcing a box, packaging & courier. Plus factoring all the costs for that, another £100 or so and I could get a new frame.
(Any excuse!)
So, it has to be a classic/retro looking frame as I'm transferring the parts from the langster (1" quill stem, classic bars, 27.2 mm post etc) and I've been drawn to this Brick Lane bikes classic-r frame

https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/blb-classic-r-frameset-champagne

What are people's thoughts on this frame, anyone ride one?

I didn't want to spend much more than this, what else would people recommend for the same money?

Cheers
Jay

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@jayonabike if it helps i have a hand drill fitting that might take the old post out Aryton rebuild

i might even be tempted to sell this frameset My latest Project its a 57.5 cm frame

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have a Quelda and use it far more often than I should. I am really happy with mine, the only annoyance is that I cannot fit 35mm tyres.

Top Bottom