After frozen months...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... I went on my first ride of the year with elder son this morning.

I've been riding quite a lot through the winter, but his machine's been on the Turbo since before Christmas.

It was clear and sunny. There was a slight peppermint edge of chill in the air but there was no wind. Lovely conditions. Perfect.

Upshot? He is taller, lighter, fitter and stronger than me.

I do love the boy, but it is difficult to feel affection for someone who moves relentlessly towards the horizon with such apparent ease.

I need to find a ninety-year-old, one-legged drunk with a rod-braked boneshaker on flat tyres... then I can beat him (or her) over a mile and start to feel good about myself again.

Carry on....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good training for you. Sure my day will come when my lad thrashes me, but he is only 12 now.

Biker Joe

Über Member

I need to find a ninety-year-old, one-legged drunk with a rod-braked boneshaker on flat tyres... then I can beat him (or her) over a mile and start to feel good about myself again.

Carry on....
I'd love to accommodate you, (Hic), but I can't find anyone to lift me onto my bike,(Hic).........if I could remember where I left it after the last ride,..................Was that yesterday?..........or the day before.(Hic)

Kies

I know how you feel Boris ..... My riding partner has turned into a whippet over the winter,where as i have gained a few pounds .... He dissappears on even the mildest ascent,whilst i huff and puff my way :-(

Top Bottom