After Ride Routine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich78

Hi. I am used to training either first thing in the morning or in the evening after work. Due to a change in my work circumstances I am now planning to train during lunchtimes a couple of days a week. This means that instead of showering in the morning or evening after my ride I will now be showering at lunchtimes. From a young age I was always taught to put on clean clothes and underwear after a shower but this seems a bit excessive if I will be changing to ride a few lunchtimes a week, and I wondered what others do after a lunchtime ride?

Ajax Bay

Guru
From a young age I was always taught to put on clean clothes and underwear after a shower . . . . . . I wondered what others do after a lunchtime ride?
Eat and drink.
You're not training in your underwear are you? Or are you, under lycra (in which case that's a different question)?
Who "taught" you this shower catalyst for clothes replacement?
Now you're big person, perhaps consider the factors to take into account and decide for yourself.
Wonder not what others do (thread Q): consider what factors they are taking into account to guide them in personal decision making.
:welcome:

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hi. I am used to training either first thing in the morning or in the evening after work. Due to a change in my work circumstances I am now planning to train during lunchtimes a couple of days a week. This means that instead of showering in the morning or evening after my ride I will now be showering at lunchtimes. From a young age I was always taught to put on clean clothes and underwear after a shower but this seems a bit excessive if I will be changing to ride a few lunchtimes a week, and I wondered what others do after a lunchtime ride?

Go to the pub.:cheers:

OP
OP
R

rich78

Thanks all. Your right I just need to do what I think is best. When I first started cycling (and lived with my parents) my mum tried to convince me that you should wear underwear under the shorts to avoid washing them after each ride. It took me ages to convince her it was not the done thing.

Top Bottom