after warm socks ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

BentMikey said:
If you want to have warm feet, then buy some proper winter boots.

That's true, can't argue with that. I have considered, on several occasions in the past, buying winter boots but considered it expensive given the number of times I'd wear them... but what price warm feet eh! :blush:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Not that cheap, but then 3 years of maybe 30-50 cold rides a year of warm feet so far is well worth it to me.

rich-erich

Never worn winter boots but put off a bit as a critisism is that water that gets in can't get out again. I use socks & overshoes - the only fag is that overshoes are a bit of a pain to get on and when I have to walk (up every steep gradients only, of course!) the toe end lifts up off the shoe. Anyway here's some new socks with 75% merino.
http://www.bikemaps.co.uk/merinowoolcyclingsocks.htm

Tynan

Veteran
are people complaining about cold feet and wearing regular summer vented shoes and blaming the socks?

say it ain't so?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
rich-erich said:
Never worn winter boots but put off a bit as a critisism is that water that gets in can't get out again.

Doesn't really matter - it's not about staying dry, because you can't. It's about staying warm.

That said, I don't seem to get water in my shoes on my bike, although that's unlikely to help anyone else not riding a recumbent.

mr Mag00

rising member
i use a mtb shoe 1 size too large a couple of paris of socks one of which gortex and then a pair of over shoes. considered it a good purchase as do plenty of winter riding i use these on a road bike too.

Top Bottom