Aftershocks bone conduction headphones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Anyone tried these?

Picked up a pair of the Sportz 3s today and will report back, curious as to whether other folks have got em.

Think I'll use them on quiet rides as opposed to Central London commute.

Had a pair for a few months. I generally don't use them on the bike, I prefer not to wear anything in traffic or just enjoy the silence on longer country rides - but that's a different argument for a different thread. Having said that when I have tried them it's more of a background noise, like having the radio on in the background so still aware of traffic coming alongside.
I do use them for running with 'Zombies Run!' app. Sometimes miss bits of the storyline though as they don't provide any noise isolation at all, which is really the point of them. The zombies can't sneak up on me without being heard :okay:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I've got a pair of Aftershoks Bluez and I love them. I just pause them when in heavy city traffic but have a bit of background music for non heavy traffic riding.
I am really really happy with them.

OP
OP
J

J1888

Über Member
Don't see the point as normal headphones work just fine.

I'd feel if I was wearing in ear or over ear headphones that I'd be totally losing the sense of hearing - these seem a good compromise though I don't think I'll be using them for busy commuting.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Tried 'em for running, a borrowed pair. Couldn't follow spoken word stuff like audio books, either on the road or on a treadmill. Ambient noise drowned 'em out. Fine for music though.

I'd feel if I was wearing in ear or over ear headphones that I'd be totally losing the sense of hearing - these seem a good compromise though I don't think I'll be using them for busy commuting.
Then just use one headphone in one ear and leave the other open for listening to traffic. I've tried bone conductive headphones for swimming, for which they seemed ok, but the muffled noise I got from them while riding was just annoying. Maybe I've just got a thick head.

Top Bottom