Aftershockz Air vs Aeropex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CentralCommuter

Definitely about to order a set of these. On Amazon Prime Deal the Air are £100 down to £70 and the Aeropex are £150 down to £100. The snag is the Aeropex won’t be delivered until at least 20th July into beginning of August. Are the Aeropex worth waiting on?

In the meantime I’m using my AirPods but kind of worried I’ll lose them!

Julia9054

Guru
Can’t comment on the comparison but I have the aeropex (paid full price!) and absolutely love them. I have had Aftershokz for about 5 years and upgraded about 6 months ago. What particularly impresses me is the fit compared to the old style ones. You can barely feel you are wearing them and the don’t get in the way of any combination of glasses, neckwear, helmet, hat.

OP
OP
C

CentralCommuter

They definitely sound like the way forward. I love the AirPods for walking the dog but I worry about them whilst cycling at 30mph!

Cirrus

Veteran
Sorry no, a friend had the air and has upgraded and is very pleased with the aeroplex, he thinks they are a definite step above but I can't provide a 1st hand comparison.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've got the air and really rate them, but haven't seen the aeropex to compare. I'll likely replace the air's with the latest model when they give up the ghost but no sign of that at the moment :okay:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I have the Aftershockz, and was thinking of upgrading to the Aeropex as I am doing a lot of paddle boarding nowadays, and they are waterproof.

Did you go for them in the end @CentralCommuter ?

OP
OP
C

CentralCommuter

Are you my postman?😂 Both the Aftershockz Aeropex and the Charge Spoon just got delivered, so the plan is to head out this morning after I’ve been to the chemist and seen what hayfever wizardry is on offer. I shall report back my findings on the Aeropex and the seat!

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I don't suppose any of you Aeropex users have ever got them properly wet, not just rained on, but, say swam in or fell off a paddle board or something? I know they are not designed for a two hour swim, but is a proper full on dunking going to kill them?

I note they have an IP67 rating, but it is always nerve wracking when you actually do get them wet for the first time!

Boopop

Guru
I don't suppose any of you Aeropex users have ever got them properly wet, not just rained on, but, say swam in or fell off a paddle board or something? I know they are not designed for a two hour swim, but is a proper full on dunking going to kill them?

I note they have an IP67 rating, but it is always nerve wracking when you actually do get them wet for the first time!

I often forget I'm wearing my Aeropex headphones. I also wear them in the shower fairly often :laugh:

Cirrus

Veteran
I often forget I'm wearing my Aeropex headphones. I also wear them in the shower fairly often :laugh:
I've often forgotten that I'm wearing them when listening to music (usually cooking) , Mrs C looks at me very strangely when I ask her if she remembers the track I'm listening to...

Top Bottom