Age awareness when buying a new bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Funny, I was just thinking about this as I was wandering along the other day. I think conceptions of age and abilities have definitely changed. I couldn’t have imagined my mum going out running and cycling in her early 60s but it just feels much more normal and accepted now. Have we got fitter or just our expectations of what we can do has changed?
I do think an entire generation got fitter in body and mind. Hopefully we can do more. Personally riding a bike made me much fitter.

sheddy

Legendary Member
We’ve seen a period of car ownership which has caused (and continues) to make us unhealthy.

battered

Guru
Funny, I was just thinking about this as I was wandering along the other day. I think conceptions of age and abilities have definitely changed. I couldn’t have imagined my mum going out running and cycling in her early 60s but it just feels much more normal and accepted now. Have we got fitter or just our expectations of what we can do has changed?
Medical care is better, fewer of us smoke, diet and housing is better, at least for the well off, and fewer of the 40+ generation are prepared to settle into middle aged spread and Saturday afternoons spent in the Saloon Bar. The TV, takeaway and supermarket lager demographic are largely a lost cause, but they don't often leave the house, so we aren't aware of them. What we do see are the 50-70 generation trying to postpone the dying of the light and maintain physical activity for as long as possible.

D

Deleted member 1258

People age slower these days, my dad was 48 when he passed away in 1972, though only 48 he had aged more than I have and I'm just shy of 70.

Top Bottom