Agh! n + 1 !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

I've started looking at cheap secondhand racers.

I've become obsessed.

So far I've resisted but I may end up buying one soon. So far I've always just had one bike but I'm worried that once I start on the road of having n bikes, I'll just want to continue...

I'm also worried that having justified buying another bike on the whole 'It's only £75' vibe, I'll feel that I've just got to suddenly want to spend lots of money on bits for it...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Why kid yourself PBtim?:biggrin:

You you should always have a spare bike!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Why do you feel you have to limit yourself to just one bike? You have zero redundancy built in to your system, that is not good.

I have three, Ideally I would have more but as my missus has just bought one too I have to draw the line somewhere.

gbb

Legendary Member
beanzontoast said:
Three is the perfect number. One for general cycling, one for 'best' and one for off-road.

Three !!!!! I needed that many to get to work in one day...or so it happened the other week.
I've got 4...and still hanker after another :biggrin:

hubgearfreak

Über Member
User76 said:
It's like sports shoes. You would not play squash in rugby boots or play five a side in cycling shoes would you? Well, it's just the same. A gentleman should have a touring bike, a racing bike, a mountain bike and a bike for general duties (ideally fixed). So thats 4 minimum, absolute minimum, then you're covered for whatever life throws at you:thumbsup:

But thinking about it, what if a mate turns up? You want to go to the pub and he has no bike with him, So best make that 5, because you would not want him to take your best road bike, he may be unused to fixed gear, you'll be on one of the others and the mtb may have special mud tyres:biggrin:

it's all true, except that the fixed is just a (necessary) vanity toy, and a separate commuter/shopper/pub bike is reqd. actually make that two - one for best and one for parking in risky areas. you also need an old classic in the 30-50yr. old bracket, and a pre-war machine. a delivery bike for collecting big bags of compost is handy aswell. in addition, unless you're very short or very tall, you will need both a 26 & a 29er MTB. a penny farthing would be a nice addition to that collection. once you've got the bare minimum as described on the list by maggot and added to by me, then why not look at luxuries such as recumbents? LWB< SWB< two & three wheelers?
however, you don't need a folder, that'd just be foolish:tongue:

Top Bottom