Agricultural Conundrum: Paging Mudsticks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's a hedgehog run, used for hedgehog racing. At its height that field at the back with the natural amphitheatre like slope would have been filled with thousands of spectators, cheering on their favourite hog. Big events would generally go on for the weekend with all sorts of other attractions, imagine Glasto with hedgehog racing. But the main draw was of course the races, the whole area would have been buzzing with excitement and anticipation for the introduction and procession of the racing hogs, highly trained and extraordinarily fast, these little creatures lived and loved to race. Champions would change hands for many, many thousands of pounds. Good to see some of the more traditional pastimes being brought back to the countryside.
Is it flat or are then any little jumps @Heltor Chasca

snorri

Legendary Member
It's a 21st century answer to crop circles...........................maybe.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I was half hoping this might be a test strip of some sort as suggested upthread. Hey ho. This has been more fun than a crossword.

Well its certainly inspired me - rather than just the dull old beetle banks and wildflower / weed margins to encourage beneficial predators -

I could start start constructing crazy golf courses for hedgehogs, or steeplechases for slow worms - hell - i could even start charging folks to come and watch.

Would probs make more money than boring old vegetables .

It's a hedgehog run, used for hedgehog racing. At its height that field at the back with the natural amphitheatre like slope would have been filled with thousands of spectators, cheering on their favourite hog. Big events would generally go on for the weekend with all sorts of other attractions, imagine Glasto with hedgehog racing. But the main draw was of course the races, the whole area would have been buzzing with excitement and anticipation for the introduction and procession of the racing hogs, highly trained and extraordinarily fast, these little creatures lived and loved to race. Champions would change hands for many, many thousands of pounds. Good to see some of the more traditional pastimes being brought back to the countryside.
Is it flat or are then any little jumps @Heltor Chasca

^^^^^this.....definitely this^^^^^^^^^^^got to be in the running for post of the year award too

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
2019-06-22 08.04.22 2.jpg

I do apologise, but I couldn't really think of anywhere better to post this :rolleyes:

Top Bottom