ah, Im, gutted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Cheers Guys :smile:

After speaking to some guys on here, I decided to keep my Giant frame, I bought this bike http://www.gumtree.c...d-bike/89792350

and I am getting the groupset transferred onto my old frame, hopefully it will be money well spend :smile:

I think was a case of working in Cambridge city centre and working long, late shifts... this new bike is staying at home and I'll get a crappy hybrid for work I think

Looking at the spec for that bike, I'd be a bit suspicious that that's been nicked. Dura Ace virtually all round for £450?

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
I trust insewerants companies like I trust politicians, but, that sounds a reasonable deal. Can you tell us which company?

Equine and Livestock - www.eandl.co.uk

They recently tried to increase my cover and premium unless I declined, which I did, but I guess such tactics are commonplace. The main reason I got insurance is because it was a condition of getting a bike via cyclescheme.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A Terry Dolan bike with Dura Ace for £450 from Gumtree? It is a bargain at that price, I hope that it is not someone elses pride and joy.

Moss

Cheers Guys :smile:

After speaking to some guys on here, I decided to keep my Giant frame, I bought this bike http://www.gumtree.c...d-bike/89792350

and I am getting the groupset transferred onto my old frame, hopefully it will be money well spend :smile:

I think was a case of working in Cambridge city centre and working long, late shifts... this new bike is staying at home and I'll get a crappy hybrid for work I think

Well done on keeping the faith! You were just unfortunate to have this happen twice; but Cambridge is the BICYCLE theft capital of the UK.

Had a 1950's Raleigh Lenton stolen while my daughter was a student at Cambridge University.

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

I agree with the above comments, don't worry guys I asked for receipts etc! I wouldn't want to buy a nicked bike after having two nicked myself!

I must admit, I took it to the bike shop to get the groupset etc transferred to my giant frame and he said these parts Wont be as good as what was on there before, which was ultegra, but am getting the work done anyway as I think hd was trying to put off the work, the dura ace components are in great condition and not even that old

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
Equine and Livestock - www.eandl.co.uk

They recently tried to increase my cover and premium unless I declined, which I did, but I guess such tactics are commonplace. The main reason I got insurance is because it was a condition of getting a bike via cyclescheme.
Have you ever tried to claim from E&L?

Only reason I ask is because they offer photographer's insurance too (I'm a bit of a camera geek). If you do a bit of a Google for them, then you'll find no end of horror stories about all of the various ways in which they try to wiggle out of paying pretty much any claim... Just saying to be wary, that is all...

apollo179

Getting a utility bike for commuting and keeping your good bike for best is a sensible option.
With hindsight leaving an expensive bike left in vulnerable circumstances is not recommended.
Theiving is obviously wrong in all instances but i personally think stealing parts is worse than stealing a complete bike - ive had a couple of bikes stolen and its not nice but it happens , to return to your bike and find it unrideable due to missing parts i would find worse and a really low thing to do.

vickster

Legendary Member
But for a bike worth £1500.00 the insurance is : £100.00

Still not bad though when there's no excess...get £1400 back or nothing? Stands to reason that the premium is more for a more valuable item...

I was looking at insuring my new £500 bike

The excess on my home insurance is £200...

If you can suggest better and cheaper for a London postcode then :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

Yeah I have to agree Apollo179

Im guessing they couldn't take the frame as it was locked with two kryptonites, and had I'd tags (if they really deter) but was gutted completely to see it when I returned to it!

Well, live and learn as they say.., never again I hope, got a cheap town bike on watch on eBay will see what happens, just can't wait for my bike to come out of shop now :smile: 1 week or so and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms lol

lukesdad

Just a thought for some of you guys. When I used to work in london I couldn t take my bike into work, but Bags were OK. So i bought a bike bag kept it at work whipped the wheels out put it in the bag and took it into work.

Could be a solution for some of you.

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

Yeah that's not a bad idea, I suppose I prob wouldn't bother here personally as my whelks and frame were all that was left , typically

OP
OP
bricksmasher

bricksmasher

Not far at all mate it's about 3 miles, just takes longer to drive than cycle, yeah sure I could grt away with a foldup but I've spent alot on bikes last fee months and shirt on cash at moment

Top Bottom