Aha, the legendary ICE customer service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I've had a rattle problem on my Trice's rear cassette, but didn't have the correct tool for the job, so below is an email I sent to ICE.

Hi. I purchased a 2nd hand Ice Trice QNT around a year ago. I've used it heavily (5,000+ miles) and the rear cassette has developed a 'rattle'. Having removed the wheel I can feel play both sideways and circular-all gears 1-6 have play in them.

I have a shimano cassette removal tool, which worked fine on a Trice 'S' I owned a few years ago, but this cassettes lockring has only 4 teeth holes. Can you give me a price for a replacement cassette (9-32) and also, do you supply the correct tool to remove it please.

Many thanks, Mr C Panther.

To which I received this prompt reply from ICE.

Hi Carl,
It sounds like the cassette body retainer is loose so I would suggest tightening this before replacing expensive parts. (see attached photo)
I am sending you a lockring spanner and our instructions for stripping the hub, free of charge.
If you do need a replacement cassette the price is £94.83 + P&P
Many Thanks,
Phil
Inspired Cycle Engineering
Unit 15 Tregoniggie Industrial Estate
Bickland Water Road
Falmouth, Cornwall
TR114SN
01326 378848

And in the post the next day I received,

S1054313_zpsbf834719.jpg

Now, how good is that for customer service.....especially as I've never actually bought anything from them. I suppose that by buying 2nd hand Ice trikes, the sellers may go on to buy a new model from them?

10/10, 5 stars, to Ice! Here's hoping that one day I'll have the dosh to but that brand spanking new Vortex I'm dreaming of!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
A small cost to them but a massive benefit as the goodwill and faith in the brand that actions like this generate are invaluable. Good on them :thumbsup:

It helps to know that you can trust their after sales service.

When my brakes failed on tour in europe this year.
A quick phone call followed by e-mails got me replacements in the post the next day.

Top Bottom