Ahem! A bit of an embarrassing question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like cooking and I've been addicted to Masterchef - the Professionals. However (and this betrays my ignorance) I can't quite work out how they assemble all these tiny twiddly bits into some stupendous dish and serve it hot. They pipe tiny quantities of exotic sauces onto the ginourmous plates without a hint of the plate being hot. A bit of fish the size of a fish finger loses heat pretty quickly. Is there some sort of microwave at "the pass?"

Cyclist33

The plates are hot and the pass is heated!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There's counselling available for Masterchef addiction.

I've half-watched about an hour of the series - it's a bizarre idea for a TV programme, and there's far too much of the very wooden presenters. There are warming cupboards to heat the plates, the kitchen is hot, and the pass is hot.

And in even moderately fancy cuisine, "hot" might just mean "hotter than room temperature". If the food is good enough, temperature doesn't really matter.

asterix

Comrade Member
Watching Masterchef always reminds me of the year we asked a vegan to organise the office Christmas meal. We were that hungry afterwards we ate our desks.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Masterbake - Practice cooking summat. Repeat until you get it right. Do it with cameras. What a load of cobbler.

They should just give people 30 (say) surprise random ingredients and ask em to get stuck in
That'll soon sort out who is the masterchef.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It's a bit like Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals. My son got it for a Xmas pressie a couple of years ago. So he and mom set about doing this meal after school for when I came in. Preparation took about 2 hours. Cooking was quick, but to get it there took a lifetime.
Minute as in tiny....

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Get yourself tested, but more than likely a course of antibiotics will clear it up. Make sure you notify any partners and consider your use of protection in future.

Oh.... you're on about Masterchef? Same advice really.

postman

Legendary Member
^_^
It's a bit like Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals. My son got it for a Xmas pressie a couple of years ago. So he and mom set about doing this meal after school for when I came in. Preparation took about 2 hours. Cooking was quick, but to get it there took a lifetime.
Yes but you did not have 30 staff clearing up after you.^_^

Top Bottom