Ahoy-hoy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IncoherentJeff

Hi I'm Jeff,

I've been looking for a decent cycling forum and as luck would have it, I've stumbled across this place.^_^

After a 5 year gap of not cycling and a few too many lbs, I started cycling again with road bikes in spring 2011.

Initially picked up an 80's Peugeot Vitesse but after an unfortunate incident the chain stay snapped!
So in early 2012 I bought a new Carrera Virtuso, nice bike but I do miss the Peugeot.

Usually riding to commute (lack of snow permitting!) and ~30mile leisurely countryside rides. Only event of note I've done so far was last years Manchester to Blackpool charity ride, great fun!

Looking to do the Manc to Blackpool ride again & hopefully enter some other events.
Currently in West Oxfordshire.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Jeff!
I misread this:
a few too many lbs
... :laugh:

OP
OP
IncoherentJeff

IncoherentJeff

thanks for the warm welcome everyone :thumbsup:

I did the daytime ride so I wouldn't have seen you DCLane, I imagine the night rides much less chaotic with a smaller amount of traffic to contend with.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
:welcome:Jeff.

Fil6914

Hi Jeff and welcome

Just bought the virtuoso myself how have you found it ? I'm off for a first ride shortly

Phil

OP
OP
IncoherentJeff

IncoherentJeff

Thanks for the welcome guys & gals ^_^

Phil how was your 1st ride on the Virtuoso?
My 80's Peugeot died after serving it's purpose of allowing me to get a feel for a road bike, when looking for a new bike I was drawn to the Carrera Virtuoso, following my brothers raving review of the Carrera TDf.
It's a phenomenal bike for the price bracket but I do miss the character of the old peugeot. As long as Halfords have put it together properly it'll be great! The Virtuoso is now starting to grown on me.

First ride out on mine, huge bang and unable to pedal due to a bent front mech! I bent it back but couldn't get my gears set-up correctly afterwards. So I took it to a local cycle shop paid £20 for a gear service. Turns out Halfords had not properly tightened on the front mech, it swung round & got mangled by the crank. Been running like a dream since the set-up.

I didn't trust Halfords enough to go back for my free service. If I buy from them again, I will assemble it myself.

Top Bottom