Aims for this year.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
my goal for this year is to finish the etape de tour this year,no, I WILL FINISH THE ETAPE !!!!

so in preparation i have so far cycled around majorca 175miles 2900m climbing

i am going/ entered into the--

DARTMOOR CLASSIC 100 miles 11May
RECCY TO PYRENEES 20-24 May
HIGHCLERE CASTLE SPORTIVE 8 June 200k
DRAGON RIDE 15 June 180k
ARDECHOISE "LA VOLCANIQUE" 21 June 171k
+ 1 more ride

then the etape on 6 july ,followed by the rest of july off !!!!

gezza said:
my goal for this year is to finish the etape de tour this year,no, I WILL FINISH THE ETAPE !!!!

so in preparation i have so far cycled around majorca 175miles 2900m climbing

i am going/ entered into the--

DARTMOOR CLASSIC 100 miles 11May
RECCY TO PYRENEES 20-24 May
HIGHCLERE CASTLE SPORTIVE 8 June 200k
DRAGON RIDE 15 June 180k
ARDECHOISE "LA VOLCANIQUE" 21 June 171k
+ 1 more ride

then the etape on 6 july ,followed by the rest of july off !!!!

crumbs... don't you think you should do more than 6 rides in prep;):thumbsdown:

Windy

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I was intending to do a lot more sportives this year, but my busy work schedule is going to put paid to that again... maybe 3 or 4 only. On the plus side, having to go to Canada next month means another solo canoe trip after the event I have to go to... nothing like being alone in the (semi-) wild for a few days to clear your head.

Other than that, just get out with the club as much as possible and commute every day - trying to do my longer route (18 miles each way) as much as possible. The stretch up the coast past St Mary's lighthouse is particularly lovely on summer mornings and evenings...

Janeyb

My goal for this year is to not wimp out of the cycle commute ever! It's only 3 miles each way so think that should be an easy target!

I also want to do my first bike with tent tour. Going to start off locally and go from home, on the train to Kings Lynn and then tour round North Norfolk for 3 or 4 days. Hopefully May/June time.

Keith Oates

Janner
After a dismal start to the year, cycling wise, with almost nothing in January and February I want to get back to riding at least 6 days a week again and try to get some good miles into the legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
My immediate short term aim is to get the Imperial Half Century and hopefully move on to get the Century early September.

Have just tweaked my commute to give me nearly 4.9 miles each way rather than 3.7 and its got now got a short but sharp climb at the end.

Really should join the local club but am not a joiner and fairly anti social at times so will keep an open mind on that one.

Jakes Dad said:
And my most adventurous goal is to complete the Devon c2c from Ilfracombe to Plymouth over 2 days which is 102 miles

Simon

summerdays said:
I too am contemplating that one, not sure whether I would allow myself 3 days to do it in. The futhest I have ever cycled in a day is 37 miles.

I've thought about stretching it out over 3 days but i'm pretty confident that i can do it in 2 ? i reckon it'l be about 4 hours riding per day

I have a couple of great books which have one day type tours (30 mile'ish rides) around Devon ~ Somerset & Dorset which are very usefull

Simon

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I fancy doing a few 100 mile Sportive's but not sure my ass will live that long. Even when I was racing the most miles we would usually do on a club run was 70 - all be it fast. We did the odd 110 miler - in 5 hours...that was quick. I'm no long distance rider - 3-4 hours is as long as I like really - never have been.... short and quick !!

I can comfortably do a 3 and a half hour 57 mile hilly ride in horrible wind on my own....so it should be possible.

Target for me is to get quicker over some good 2-3 hour hilly loops - I'm commuting 16 miles round trip each day, so I'll look to extend the odd return trip.

No major targets - last years was to do a 47 mile Cat & Fiddle / Long Hill circuit - did it in March, but by October (having done a few months of commuting), I knocked half an hour off the March time.... great circuit !!

Hoping to do a good 4000 miles this year without doing any big long rides.

Plax

Guru
1) Meet my target of 1000 miles this year. Might up it to 1500 though as I've done 660 miles already.
2) Save up and buy a Dawes Discovery 601 by July.
3) My dad goes camping a lot. I plan to cycle down there at some point this year and pretend I'm going on a cycling holiday. It's only around 30 miles away from here, but my sense of direction is terrible so it will be an adventure in itself to get down there without getting lost.
4) Commute every day to work on the bike for a month. I've managed a week straight, but usually I'll miss a day or two due to lazyness and bad weather.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I have 2 goals / targets:-
To do my first ever 100 mile ride (Dun run planned in July)
To cover 7000 miles this year (2032 so far)

Smeggers

fossyant said:
No major targets - last years was to do a 47 mile Cat & Fiddle / Long Hill circuit - did it in March, but by October (having done a few months of commuting), I knocked half an hour off the March time.... great circuit !!

That is mine for this year.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
12 points min in that metric century thing.

Sub 25 minute 10 (now done, revised to sub 24).

23:54 (24/07/08)

Sub 65 minute 25

1:04:48 (11/05/08)

Do a 50, time not so important. Not done one yet.

Have now, 02:15:38 (20/07/08)

Going to do some sort of tour- to be decided.. maybe an off-road tour on my old hack MTB, if I can get it back of the guy I lent it to.

The old MTB had been rather abused. I took my commuting hack for a short tour of mostly Norfolk and Suffolk.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Having suffered a stroke last year my aims are, WIndsor and back.Box hill and back. Try one of those night rides that Simon puts together.

Top Bottom